Greetings from the P.S. 111 PTA Fundraising Committee!
The Fundraising Committee is committed to raising money to establish and support innovative, exciting, and enriching programs for our kids that make P.S. 111 a top-notch school.
In accordance with the budget approved at last month’s PTA meeting, we will be hosting the following fundraising activities:
• The Scholastic Book Fair – December 7 to 11 – mark your calendars!
• A talent show and silent auction – next Spring!
• Direct appeals to families and businesses
As we note above, the money we raise will support the PTA’s efforts to attract afterschool and enrichment programs. Currently, the programs under consideration are:
• After-school foreign language instruction
• A coding class (Coding is, basically, computer programming (think making games or robots), and helps kids develop skills to thrive in an increasingly technology-driven world)
• Expanding our current after-school chess program (we currently have funding for only 25 kids for 15 weeks)
• Ideas from the membership!
Send us your email address to firstname.lastname@example.org or visit www.111pta.org and we will send you an electronic survey. We need your help by December 31! We have nearly 400 families at P.S. 111. Here is our goal: half of our families contribute $20 by December 31. And, your gift is tax deductible!
We guarantee that 100% of your gift will go directly to enrich your child’s educational experience. Here’s another incentive: if we meet our goal by December 31, we have a PTA supporter who will contribute another $1,000! That would bring the total to $5,000 -- which would make a huge difference to the P.S. 111 community. Please take some time to consider if you can pledge $20, or even more. There are two ways to make your pledge: By check. Please make it payable to the PS/IS 111 Parent Teacher Association, Inc. and deliver it to the administrative office for placement in our PTA mailbox. By Paypal on the PTA’s website, www.111pta.org (And while you are there check out all the other news!)